Shaktipat or Śaktipāta (Sanskrit, from shakti - "(psychic) energy" - and pāta, "to fall") refers to the conferring of spiritual "energy" upon one person by another. Shaktipat can be transmitted with a sacred word or mantra, or by a look, thought or touch – the last usually to the ajna chakra or third eye of the recipient.
"Saktipat is considered an act of grace (anugraha) on the part of the guru or the divine. Its reception cannot be forced though the recipient must be open to such an influx since it also cannot be imposed by force. The very consciousness of the god or guru is held to enter into the Self of the disciple, constituting an initiation into the school or the spiritual family (kula) of the guru. It is held that Shaktipat can be transmitted in person or at a distance, through an object such as a flower or fruit or else by telephone or letter".
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Dr Richard has a kundalini experience in the car
- Durville, Hector- Psychic Actions at a distance – 03 Mrs. Durieu takes Durville’s energy to heal herself - I compare its action on me to that of a suction pump on a vase filled with liquid
- Gurdjieff - Described by Fritz Peters
- Gurdjieff - J G Bennett is healed
- Rajalakshmi, Mahayogini - Beyond Biofeedback by Drs Elmer and Alyce Green – Demonstrates shaktipat
- Rasputin and the Tsarina's friend
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - The Spiritual path and its stages