A trance state is a sleeplike altered state of consciousness which can vary from light to very deep.
It is possible for a person to go in so deep a trance they are effectively unconscious, and in this case they are open to being possessed.
Although a number of activities can render one entranced, the type of experience produced is not predictable. This video provides more details
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Tyrrell, G N M - Trance-Personalities – On possession or telepathy [by the living] as an explanation for trance communication
- Tyrrell, G N M - Trance-Personalities – On telepathy [by the living but ill] as an explanation for trance communication
- Welsh Revivalists - Jumping
- Wereide, Professor Thorstein - The Trance Phenomena of Mrs Ingeborg
- Wushu - An illiterate man writes in a trance state
- Zoroastrian - Means of achieving spiritual experience - 11 Dancing, whirling and twirling