The final stage on the spiritual path and the ultimate spiritual experience. It involves 'death'. The death of you as a personality. As this is a type of spiritual experience this LINK has been provided to take you to the definition and explanation.
The means by which it is achieved is via the union of opposites, in effect all that is dark in a person merges with all that is light and the resulting whole then causes the 'death' - the end of that character. On the Sagrada Familia of Antoni Gaudi, there is a sculpture with the magic square and Judas's kiss of Jesus - it may have happened of course, - but it is deeply symbolic and represents this very process - the union of darkness and light - whereas ecstasy marries masculine and feminine, annihilation marries darkness and light, the end comes when these two opposites join, simply because the contrast ceases to exist and thus there is no driving force for change and activity ceases!
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion - David Hume – Annihilation as a means of worship
- Hegel - On the nature of ecstasy
- Hegel - Philosophy of Mind – Recognitive Self-consciousness
- Judee Sill - The kiss
- Judee Sill - The Phoenix
- Maria Prophetissima - And unification
- Tarot - 09 Major Arcana - 01 The supporting cards of the Aces
- Tarot - 09 Minor Arcana - 01s The Aces
- The Ceasing of Notions – 03 How does one become a buddha?
- The Ceasing of Notions – 12 The Way and other creatures and things
- The Ceasing of Notions – 19 Annihilating the ‘I’
- The Ceasing of Notions – 25 Buddha and the Way
- The Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary 01
- The Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary 02
- The Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary 03
- The Ishavasya Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary 04
- Wirth, Oswald – 13 Death