Common steps and sub-activities
The Rising Breath method
This method of controlled breathing is advocated in some yoga systems and is used, to ‘vitalize the entire body’.
- Stand up straight with your heels together,
- lnhale steadily, At the same time, raise up on your toes as the air fills your lungs,
- Hold the breath and your stance for several seconds.
- Exhale slowly through the nostrils at the same rate you inhaled. Lower yourself accordingly,
- You may want to raise and lower your arms of the same time you breathe in and out.
You will have to look at the observations to determine whether it does what it claims, but it is an aid to relaxation.