After an injection of penicillin, she had a severe allergic reaction
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Love is the Link – Dr Pamela Kircher
One woman in her fifties recently told me about an experience that she had some twenty years ago following an injection. After an injection of penicillin, she had a severe allergic reaction and nearly died. During the period of time when the physician was treating the reaction, she had an experience of feeling that she was out of her body and being drawn toward a Light. Afterwards, when she told the doctor about the experience, she was told that it was a dream and that she should be careful to never receive penicillin again.
She didn't think about it until recently when she began examining her life in more depth during counseling sessions. Because she didn't experience all of the elements described in a classical NDE, she had dismissed her experience as a dream.
However, her values and attitudes are typical of people who have had an NDE, and her exploration of that aspect of her life has been very helpful in making sense of her life.