Schoolboys have near death experiences
Type of Spiritual Experience
One case study of 78 English schoolboys who ate incorrectly stored potatoes showed their symptoms beginning 7 to 19 hours after ingestion with vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia and ‘malaise’, fever, drowsiness, confusion, delirium, headaches and hallucinations. Seventeen were admitted to hospital, three were seriously ill with hypotension, tachcardia and stupor.
A description of the experience
Toxicology of solanine: an overview - Dalvi RR, Bowie WC.
Solanine is a toxic glycoalkaloid known to accumulate under certain conditions in potato plant, sprouts and tuber in levels which, if ingested, may cause poisoning in humans and farm animals.
Ingested solanine is relatively less toxic than the parenterally administered compound, probably because of its poor absorption, rapid excretion and hydrolysis to less toxic solanine in stomach. Nevertheless, solanine poisoning may cause a gastrointestinal, nervous and exanthematous syndrome severe enough to be fatal.PMID: 6338654