Symbols - What does heaven look like
Complex symbolism. The term has the same meaning as Pigtails, but I will repeat the definition.
The first related symbol is that of Hair. There is also a link to threads and cords for similar reasons. But if there are two plaits it takes on the additional symbolism of Horns and the twin tunnels [!]
One plait is just a single tunnel – but which one – that is the interesting question? After all there are supposedly two tunnels that symbolically rise from the head – is it the plait of the Sun or the plait of the Moon?
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Arifi of Herat - The Ball and the Polo Stick - In his locks he had a thousand hidden curls
- Black Sabbath – Tony Iommi experiences the spirit visitors of Bel Air
- John William Godward - The Delphic Oracle
- Michelangelo - Sonnet XV - The marble not yet carved can hold the form
- Petronius - Hans Peter Duerr - Dreamtime
- Rig veda - Rudra with braided hair
- Romance of the Rose - Meeting his lady
- Symbolism - Korean mystic shamanism – Costume: Plaits and bows
- Waterhouse, John William - The Magic Circle