Symbols - What does heaven look like
Some Pine trees are also able to live for hundreds of years, as such symbolically they are perfect for the Tree of life. And of course they are cone shaped. The Pine tree is also an evergreen tree. A tree that does not lose its leaves, is again symbolically perfect for a Tree of life - not only does it not die, but it always has leaves.
A Dictionary of Symbols – J E Cirlot
Like other evergreen trees, the pine is a symbol of immortality. Conifers, by virtue of their shape, also partake of the symbolism .
The most well known Roman festival in honour of the Anatolian deities of the Great Mother and Father were celebrated in Spring during March and began to appear round about the 1st century AD. At mid March [22nd] tree bearers DENOROPHORI carried into the sanctuary a pine tree [symbolising the tree of life], that was freshly cut and decorated with ornaments such as purple flowers or ribbons.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Black Elk - Native American Indians - Butterflies
- Blithe spirit - The green valley, the lion and the sadhus
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - Buttons and Rosettes
- Delville, Jean - Plato’s disciples
- Eliade, Mircea - On Attis, Osiris and Artemis
- Frost, Robert - Something there is that doesn't love a wall
- George Meredith - Dirge in Woods
- Goryeo sijo - Song Sammun
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Anywhere I lay my head
- Grant Gronewold - HTML Flowers - Moving house
- Han Shan - Encounters with Cold Mountain Translated by Peter Stambler - GARDENING IN AUTUMN
- Hi-ah Park – 04 The naerim kut
- Hiroshige - Famous views Mount Fuji
- Isaiah 55
- Kabir - Inside this clay jug there are canyons
- Kakuzo, Okakura - The Book of Tea – The Tea Room
- Khnopff, Fernand - Des Caresses
- Li Po - Coming down from Chung-nan mountain to the hermit Hu-Szu’s
- Lowell, James Russell - Give me, old granite grey
- Mircea Eliade - The Altai and the Tree of Life
- RyoNen - from 101 Zen stones
- Sickness and sleep deprivation
- Spencer, Stanley - Landscapes 06 - Pines
- The humming bees of Dr Valerie Solheim