Symbols - What does heaven look like
Takes its symbolism from Birds in general. It is a bird of the Air level primarily, rarely landing on Earth, as such as a symbol of a spiritual person, this one is a high flyer. The song is also important symbolically, the skylark's song is especially long and prolonged and beautiful. As such there is a symbolic connection between the songlines and also spells.
The lark also has a crest on its little head - a symbol of the crown.
Something nice - LISTEN.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Barker, Cicely Mary - Where are the fairies, Where can we find them
- Baudelaire, Charles - Les Fleurs du Mal - Above ponds, above valleys Mountains, woods, clouds, seas
- Clare, John - And from their hurry up the skylark flies
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - The Weather
- Lowell, James Russell - Thou canst not see a shade in life
- Manley Hopkins, Gerald - The Caged Skylark
- Miro - The Lark's Wing, Encircled with Golden Blue, Rejoins the Heart of the Poppy Sleeping on a Diamond-Studded Meadow
- Shelley, Percy Bysshe - From 'To a Skylark'
- Sweeney Todd - Green Finch and Linnet Bird
- Vaughan Williams - The lark ascending
- Watson, Sir William - Epigram - The children romp within the graveyard's pale
- Who Killed Cock Robin
- Yerka, Jacek and William Ernest Henley - Margaritae Sorori I M