Symbols - What does heaven look like
In Egyptian hieroglyphs, the sign of the arm stood for activity in general, thus in a sense the more arms you have symbolically the more activity you are capable of. If we put this another way, the more arms you have the more functions you have and thus the more powerful you are.
All spirit entities are types of thing, classes of thing, defined by the functions they have. The universe is a huge set of classes of objects with very specific behaviour – functions. These Intelligences and Spirit beings are organised into a hierarchy with gradually increasing function.
This means that symbolically the higher up the Intelligence hierarchy one gets - and thus the more powerful functionally a class is - the more 'arms' it will symbolicaly receive until at the top of the hierarchy, it will look like a caterpillar on steroids.
This is why Hindu gods have numerous arms, they are functionally a great deal more powerful than we are.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 04 - 3 Pat and the cucumber frames #011110
- Aurora Consurgens - 02 An allegory of entombment #016053
- Beowulf - Burial at Sea #000617
- Burne-Jones, Edward - Perseus and Andromeda #001001
- Burne-Jones, Edward - King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid #001690
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The Third Day #008252
- Crowley - 7 The Chariot #007497
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - Knight, Death, and the Devil #020970
- Hesiod - Theogony - 02 Order of creation #015266
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Beheading #008154
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Sacred Grove #008156
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - At Dhú Salam and the monastery #013412
- Karnataka and South India - 07 Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple #022642
- Krishna - Arjunas charioteer in the battle-field of Kurukshetra #024741
- Minchiate and Visconti-Sforza - 7 - The Chariot #007518
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from The First Seclusion 01 #025978
- Nuremberg Chronicle - Arms #010671
- Revelations 9 #004471
- Reverdy, Pierre - Carrefour #004968
- Rider-Waite - 13 Death #007508
- Rider-Waite - 4 The Emperor #007490
- Rider-Waite - 7 The Chariot #007496
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Abu Simbel #014132
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 19 - The Lovers (The Dustman) #019405
- The Marriage of Philology and Mercury - Maid 2 #010688
- The Mithras Liturgy - Lines 475 to 535 #010694
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 2 The White Knight and the beehive #006438
- Tranströmer, Tomas - After a death #025687
- Various examples - 18 The Moon #010351
- Various examples - 4 The Emperor #007520
- Wesley, John - Sermon 72 - On Evil Angels #024649