Symbols - What does heaven look like
The oyster conveys an idea not dissimilar to the crab - a soft centre and a hard shell. In other words, spirit function encased in a form. It is thus yet another symbol used to describe the bodied soul along with the crab, the cocoon, the chrysalis, the knight in armour and the bird in the cage!
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 03 - A Caucus race and a long tail #011107
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Oyster #012903
- Hafez of Shiraz - Thirty Poems - For years my heart had been searching #001741
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from The First Seclusion 01 #025978
- Ogotommeli - Twins #011455
- Plato - Misc. writings - The Mysteries #006529
- Shabistari, Mahmud - The Gulshan-i raz - The sea is being and speech its shore #001486
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 04 - 2 The Walrus and the Carpenter #003041
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 07 - 2 Hatta and Haigha #000828