Symbols - What does heaven look like
In all shamanic lore, including the law of the druids and Celtic races, there are Three Worlds – the upper world, the middle world and the lower world.
These worlds are capable of being visited within spiritual experience.
Lower Subconscious world travel is via symbolic caves and tunnels, middle Conscious world travel is out-of-body mirror world travel – the world is simply a mirror image of the physical. The Upper world is the world beyond the soul.
If you see any three part symbol, it signifies that it is a spot where all three worlds are accessible. If it incorporates the spiral all the better.
The same symbol can also be used to represent the Trinity.
The triple spiral or triskele is a Celtic and pre-Celtic symbol found on a number of Irish Megalithic and Neolithic sites, most notably inside the Newgrange passage tomb, on the entrance stone, and on some of the curbstones surrounding the mound.
Believed by many to be an ancient symbol of pre-Celtic and Celtic beliefs, the triple spiral appears in various forms in pre-Celtic and Celtic art, with the earliest examples having been carved on pre-Celtic stone monuments, and later examples found in the Celtic Christian illuminated manuscripts. The triple spiral was possibly the precursor to the later triskele design found in the manuscripts…………..
Neopagan religions such as Celtic Reconstructionist Paganism and Wicca use the symbol to represent a variety of triplicities from their belief systems.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Crowley - 0 The Fool #007482
- Crowley - 5 The Hierophant #007493
- Malta - 02 The Temples detail #022528
- Norse - Jelling – The Rune stone of Harald Bluetooth #017147
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Triqueta #026571
- Thomas, Dylan - In the Beginning #012587
- Triple Julia Set Crop Circle Switzerland 8th July 2010 #025692
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The Three Circles of Existence #014067