Symbols - What does heaven look like
A symbol connected with the horse. The means by which the horse and its rider stay together.
Because the horse is a means of transport, once the person has been through the cycle of reincarnations needed to achieve their ultimate destiny, the saddle may be shown empty – the Higher spirit has left its mount. Where the horse was a spirit being, the spirit being goes.
Ananda Coomaraswamy observes that the horse is a symbol of the bodily vehicle, and the rider is the spirit; when the latter has come to the end of its incarnations, the saddle is unoccupied, and the vehicle necessarily dies
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Arifi of Herat - The Ball and the Polo Stick - He bade them put the saddle on a steed #003299
- Baldrs draumar - Odin goes to Hel #004536
- Braveheart - Crossing the bridge #002904
- Chesterton, G K - The ballad of the White Horse #003723
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 2 The White Knight and the beehive #006438
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 3 Falling off #000866