Symbols - What does heaven look like
A small disk shaped object in a spiritual experience may actually be a coin.
Where the object is larger, however, and is functioning as an opening, it is another type of portal which provides access in the spiritual world both up and down as well as horizontally. In effect, it is a hole or opening, which looks like a disc.
The following photo shows how some discs can appear in visions.
Discs can take you down in which case they tend to be dark and look more like hole in the ground, or they can take you up, in which case they are generally of lighter colours white or maybe even softer shades of grey. Some have the appearance of the full moon
These are the imaginary forms that appear before the final vision of Brahman: a mist, a smoke and a sun; a wind, fire-flies and a fire; lightning, a clear crystal and a moon
But there are exceptions. If the cloud layer seen is purple black, the disc can appear [as the photo shows] to be dark and ringed. [Remember this is all occurring in the head, the photo is just a rather good one in showing what you ‘see’].
Again I have selected another set of photos which are good representations of the gold discs that can sometimes be seen – usually at the Air level. Occasionally there is a disc whose centre is a symbolic sun. I have picked out the last photo to try to show this.
A disc is sometimes found on entry to be a tunnel. It then appears as a disc with a spot in the centre where the end of the tunnel is. The spot can be both darker and lighter than the disc.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - Legends of Sekhmet #007274
- Dickinson, Emily - The pattern of the sun Can fit but him alone #007184
- Dixon, Jeane - A vision in the cathedral #004676
- Fort, Charles - The Book of the Damned - Falls of worked stones and disks #015745
- Fort, Charles - The Book of the Damned – Finds of Coins and Disks #015749
- Fort, Charles - The Book of the Damned – Unusual archaeological artefacts #015747
- Hadewijch - I saw standing before me a cross like crystal #002837
- Isa Upanishad #007181
- Jacques Cambry - Voyage dans le Finistère - A Celtic legend #013910
- Joan Halifax - The red route #007187
- Lalla - There are two results and three causes #007182
- Mircea Eliade - Australian Aboriginal Initiation rites #000886
- Mundaka Upanishad #007186
- Pordage, John - Outward and inward courts #007188
- Soustelle - Aztecs and Mexica - The Making of a High Priestess #011465
- The Mithras Liturgy - Lines 535 to 555 #005963
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The symbolism of coins #014072
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Vision of Zosimos - 08 #015924