Symbols - What does heaven look like
The shape of the pawn and its size is extremely carefully chosen, there is nothing accidental in the way it is depicted. It represents the soul cone.
The top level is the Aether level with the little Higher spirit.
The next thin layer is the Fire level.
Then we have the Air level – the slimmer tapering part, broadening out to the Water level.
This then further broadens to the Earth level and from there a ridge indicating other levels of earth – the Underworld and Hell.
Chess is thus an allegory of the spiritual ascent – the spiritual path, the search by the pawn of the role of Queen.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- George Eliot - Felix Holt #010300
- Masefield, John - The Widow in the Bye Street #004509
- Symbolism - Korean mystic shamanism – Costume: Elements and her dress #027030
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 01 - 2 Making memorandums #000873
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 02 - 2 The enormous game of chess #000615