Symbols - What does heaven look like
The symbolism is also connected with that of the Hourglass.
The hourglass is upended and ‘sand’ will flow back down into the ‘bowl’. If on the other hand, the Hourglass is turned back on itself, we receive little grains of spirit energy – atoms.
In some symbol systems, sand and grain are symbolically the same.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Blake, William - To see a World in a grain of sand #001921
- Braveheart - Follow the yellow brick road #000818
- Coehlo, Paulo - The Alchemist - The desert #002900
- Dadd, Richard - Come unto these yellow sands #004506
- Dickinson, Emily - Like rain it sounded till it curved And then I knew ‘twas wind #000104
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo - Nature - The Word and the unit of energy #014367
- Frost, Robert - Love has earth to which she clings #011102
- Frost, Robert - One of my wishes is that those dark trees #001830
- Frost, Robert - Poets know a lot. Never did I fail #006381
- Genesis - Mad mad Moon #004452
- George Darley - Unicorn #000460
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Rivers and streams #008158
- Janzen, John M - Theories of music in African ngoma healing – The symbolism of the crab #022089
- Keats, John - Epistle to John Hamilton Reynolds #000343
- Magritte, Rene - The Victory #001590
- Michaux, Henri - In the Land of Magic - The most interesting things in this country cannot be seen #004044
- Mircea Eliade - Warramunga tribe and the Tree of life #001790
- Odetta - Mr. Tambourine Man #022536
- Paracelsus - On destruction and alchemical metals #014967
- Prototype-2 - Becoming a pile of sand #004944
- Socrates - Plato Euthydemus - Vault among swords, and turn upon a wheel #004015
- Thomas, Dylan - From Love's First fever #012586
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 04 - 2 The Walrus and the Carpenter #003041
- Tranströmer, Tomas - Solitude II #025703
- Verlaine, Paul - Dans l'interminable #001961
- Warner Allen, Herbert - The Timeless moment #004351