Symbols - What does heaven look like
The symbolic attainment of the ascending path up the soul is often seen in visions and also symbolically represented in texts as a lotus.
A lotus is an ideal symbol.
It has its roots in the ‘Earth’, its leaves float on the Water layer , its stem then rises up through the Air and its flower opens up like a crown chakra as the Higher Spirit accepts spiritual nourishment from the Sun [the Creator] – see Trinity symbolism. It is also roughly speaking in the shape of a cross, the sign of the ascent of man and the cardinal directions in the Egg.
The Buddha sits on a lotus – he has gone beyond his own soul cone and is in the Creator/Created section having united with his Higher Spirit.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Bose, Sir Jagadis Chandra - from Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda 02 #021008
- Cirlot on the levels and layers #004826
- Eliot, T S - Four Quartets - 01 Burnt Norton I #013545
- Goryeo sijo - Chong Ch’ol #027066
- Haig, Matt - Reasons to stay alive - 05 Know thyself #023187
- Heine, Heinrich - The lotus flower doth languish #002622
- Hiroshige’s bell #003577
- Kabir - I know of a strange tree #001831
- Krishna receives reflexology stimulation #000757
- Krishna, Gopi - kundalini - some background #002755
- Kubler-Ross, Dr Elisabeth - Has both an OBE and a 'Peak experience' #023145
- Master Naong - Song of the Pure Land #027075
- Matsya #002606
- Mirabai - Unbreakable #013646
- Morrells, Luce and flying on a magic carpet #003878
- Ravidas – from the Adi Granth 29 #017178
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 10, Chapter 15 – The ladies of Vraja, like bees searching for honey #024747
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 10, Chapter 20 – Autumn in Vrindâvana #024748
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Temples with pronaos #014133
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 02 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony #014120
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Isis and Osiris #014100
- Shinto kundalini figurine #026509
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 1744 #017249
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 2415 #017247
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 901 #017246
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - The Lotus Eaters - A land of streams! Some, like a downward smoke #000194
- The Seokguram Grotto #006608
- Tibetan Book of the Dead - Visualising the Crown Chakra #010699
- Tulsidas - Vinaya Patrika 48 #017274
- Zimmer, Dr Heinrich - Adi-sesa #012724