Symbols - What does heaven look like
Figs are also used symbolically, to represent the Atom, and the layout of the Egg which is why they are mentioned in the Bible. Added symbolism is provided by the fruit which is tied in with the Matrix.
Their symbolism is also drawn from their resemblance to the vulva – many cultures that practised sexual techniques in order to gain spiritual experience regarded the vulva as sacred.
They are also a fundamental part of the diet in those cultures that used sexual techniques – see Eating dairy products, eggs, figs and nuts.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 06 - 4 Cheshire cat #011119
- Caravaggio - Basket of fruit #002636
- Eliade, Mircea - On Attis, Osiris and Artemis #003234
- Giant insects or jellyfish that sort of fly toward me and float over me #014942
- Holderlin, Johann - Mnemosyne #015376
- Homer - The Odyssey - The Garden of Alcinous #013379
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Trees and Tree maidens #003260
- I slept with the covers over my head #014945
- I used to see monsters and things under my dresser #014948
- Joel 1:11 #000134
- Kant, Immanuel - Quotes - Demons #015120
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Poets and Poetry 04 #018820
- People sitting on my chest mumbling random stuff #014952
- Rilke, Rainer Maria - 27 Sixth Elegy #007157
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Fig [and other plants] #022491
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Mountain #022494
- Song of Solomon 2 #008133