Symbols - What does heaven look like
Clement of Alexandria in his endearingly prudish way thought combs were symbolic of the genitals in women [he presumably had never seen the genitals of a woman otherwise he would know a comb looks nothing like them] and were used specifically for women who practise sexual stimulation as the means of obtaining spiritual experience, but kundalini energy can be generated by a number of means not just sexual stimulation.
Clement of Alexandria – Exhortation to the Greeks, 2.11-24; 12.118-20
………..and a woman's comb, which is a euphemistic expression used in the mysteries for a woman's secret parts'.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Hiroshige - shunga #003385
- Hiroshige - shunga #003386
- Hokusai - shunga #003390
- Hokusai - shunga #003391
- Hokusai - shunga #003392
- Hokusai -shunga #003393
- Indus valley - Harappa - 04 Seals and script #022622
- Malevich, Kazimir - Girl with a comb in her hair #007700
- Picts – Type of experience - Comb [kundalini] #026527
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 19 - The Lovers (The Dustman) #019405
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 05 - 1 Wool and Water #000856
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 05 - 3 Feather feather! #000896
- Utamaro - Shunga #003404
- Yu Xuanji - Free of all those hopes and fears #015049