Symbols - What does heaven look like
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow – from The Poems of Longfellow [printed about 1875]
From Voices of the Night – Prelude
The land of Song within thee lies,
Watered by living springs;
The lids of Fancy's sleepless eyes
Are gates into that Paradise
Holy thoughts, like stars, arise
Its clouds are angels' wings
But they may also be ‘seen’ as a type of Barrier or boundary between Levels and Layers typically in the ‘Air’ level. In effect the symbolism is consistent with what one comes to expect in the physical world. Remember that all these images are being manufactured for us by the composer, so it puts together from what it encounters an image consistent with the symbolism we might recognise. Thus we may meet a cloud barrier.
The lower boundaries and barriers are often ‘seen’ as white thick opaque cloud, the upper of thicker denser and often darker clouds.
There are a lot of layers, it is extremely difficult to know where you are because there are no ‘landmarks’ and furthermore, the clouds appear to change, just as they do in the material world. People have become seriously lost up here and it helps to have a guide.
I am not joking in this, it may be symbolism and the travel may be ‘in your mind’ - within other vibrational layers and levels - but the dangers of being lost are real.
When travelling around the ring, the barriers are the same in the air level as they are going up and down, that is they are still clouds, the difference being that they are seen not as layers of cloud but as large fluffy cumulonimbus or similar clouds. These two can be quite daunting.
It is worth mentionning that the top most level before you get to the layer of aether can be almost purple, like a lowering storm cloud and when seen from below can be quite ominous and frightening. Rather like a storm cloud.
- I am sinking into a peaceful semi dream.
- My hands raise up, at least a white ghost of my hands raises up in a sort of prayer position.
- A long elongated figure rises up. It isn’t me because I can still see my hands, so it is something else. It gradually goes up, then grasps my hands. It isn’t very big, it is white, sort of translucent, long flowing with very elongated fingers, a spirit I suppose of some sort.
- I am pulled up and up. We go through a really misty sort of area where there appears to be nothing, this seems to go on for ages I can hardly see in front of me let alone see the spirit, but I know it is still pulling me up because my hands are in its hands.
- We break free of the mist and it is below us - a huge expanse of wispy thick ‘cloud’ white with gentle undulations along it. We are in a vast space whitish cream in colour, not blue, slightly misty, not clear, but not thick like the mist below. Lots of clear light.
- I can ‘see’ the spirit now. It isn’t very big. He is really playful, joyful and keeps doing twirls and circles and spirals in the air with me. As if he is like a leaf in an air current. I think he is trying to tell me what he is – could he be an air spirit – a sylph?
- We go up further now straight up and I see the upper barrier again – a purplish grey sort of cloud barrier. Impenetrable, which the sylph ‘says’ is forbidden.