Symbols - What does heaven look like
There are two symbolic meanings for the chain depending on whether it goes ‘up’ in the levels and layers or is seen as a horizontal chain.
If it goes up it takes on the symbolism of Stairs.
Although ladders, ropes and wings all appear to be similar as means of ascent, there is a very distinct difference symbolically. The ones with wings are those who are capable of having spiritual experiences with little difficulty. In a sense they are the ‘mystics’, but they are also naturally able to ‘fly’.
Those with ladders, stairs and chains have a rather slow upward climb that involves stages and steps towards the goal of enlightenment. This is why chains and ladders are interchangeable – the word chain is a pun – the ‘links’ in the chain are the links between stages of progress. This is a more Hermetic path.
The ones using ropes have to have assistance from above and occasionally below and are always having to pull themselves up by sheer hard work against the ‘gravity’ of the pull to the earth – the physical. It means the person is much more attuned to the world of physical perceptions and the physical, and is not naturally a spiritual traveller. If they make it, it will only be through sheer force of will and perseverance.
At a level
The symbol of Infinity is often used to mean our Higher spirit, thus linking symbols means the close connectivity that exists between all our Higher spirits.
Similarly if you see Chain mail, the same concept is being described – a mesh of closely connected Higher spirits – inseparable from one another.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Reichel-Dolmatoff - South American shaman initiation #010046
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 11 - 1 Who stole the Tarts #000261
- Asvaghosha - The Awakening of Faith in the Mahayana - Definition #016330
- Attempted suicide #002492
- Aurelius, Marcus - Meditations - The universe as one living creature #003778
- Beddoes, Thomas Lovell - Thoughts #012526
- Bhagavad Gita - Strung like pearls on a thread #004787
- Blake, William - But silken nets and traps of adamant #002346
- Blake, William - Thou knowest that the ancient trees seen by thine eyes have fruit #001927
- Blithe spirit - Judgement Day #002488
- Braveheart - Bridge to the tunnel #002917
- Burton, Sir Richard - THE KASÎDAH 07 1 #018682
- Celtic - Spoils of Annwn - 01 #013890
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The First Day #010650
- Crowley - 11 Adjustment #007505
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo - The Poet - And now my chains are to be broken #013615
- Evans, Margiad - from Autobiography #021627
- Fleetwood Mac - Never Break the Chain #012024
- Frost, Robert - A bird half wakened in the lunar noon #007388
- Frost, Robert - That far off day the leaves in flight #006379
- Gentling the Bull – 05 Gentling the Bull #011772
- Hawker, Robert Stephen - The Quest of the Sangraal - He dwelt in Orient Syria; God's own land #001940
- Hawkes, Jacquetta – A Land – The gathering of consciousness #021705
- Healer H - I’m the Fagan with the kids #000852
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell - The Boys #014263
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 050 Section 4 #013454
- Kings 7 - The Temple, Jachin and Boaz #007374
- Maeterlinck, Maurice - The Invisible Goodness #013859
- Mircea Eliade - The Chain of arrows #011444
- Monroe, Robert - The place of pure peace #003610
- Morrells, Luce and the egg #005199
- Mutwa, Vusamazulu Credo - And Nommo #004516
- Nerval, Gerard de - I seemed to myself a hero living under the very eyes of the gods #013734
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from The First Seclusion 01 #025978
- Ogotommeli - Drums #002385
- Parmenides - On Nature - 08 #013837
- Professor Pierre Janet - Below God there is an infinite chain from seraph to grain of sand, from highest self-consciousness to most absolute unconsciousness #024341
- Revelations 20:1 #007418
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Sudden Light #004899
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 01 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony #014102
- Shabistari, Mahmud - The Gulshan-i raz - Every creature's body has a spirit related to yours #014175
- Shabistari, Mahmud - The Gulshan-i raz - Long and twisted are the tales of the Beloved tresses #001727
- Sheridan, Clare – I felt dazed and drunk with the consciousness of my oneness with all #023824
- Song of Solomon 1 #000335
- Stolz von Stolzenberg, Daniel - Viridarium Chymicum Frankfurt 1624 #016116
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - Morte d'Arthur - Pray for my soul #013879
- Tranströmer, Tomas - Solitude II #025703
- Who Killed Cock Robin #008179
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - The boughs have withered because I have told them my dreams #011806
- Yerka, Jacek and Rashani Rea - The Unbroken #000952
- Zohar - I 050b – Sacrifice and the making of a ‘god’ #014864
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Mushaf as-suwar - 11th Book about the other composition #015938