Category: Medicines - plant based
Introduction and description
Gentiana is a genus of flowering plants belonging to the gentian family (Gentianaceae), the tribe Gentianeae, and the monophyletic subtribe Gentianinae. With about 400 species it is considered a large genus.
The genus name is a tribute to Gentius, an Illyrian king who may have been the discoverer of tonic properties in gentians.
We have decided to group the observations for this genus, as many [not all] share similar medicinal uses and it may be helpful to compare. The specific varieties will be stated on each observation.
- Dr Duke's list of Plants containing SELENIUM 020550
- Dr Duke's list of plants to help with Crohn's disease 017765
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antichilblain activity 018366
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Anticrohn's activity 018435
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antiheartburn Activity 019973
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antimyocarditic activity 018437
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antishigellic activity 018394