Symbols - What does heaven look like
This video describes the symbolism of the constellation Scutum, which is a shield.
Boethius – The Consolation of Philosophy
Unmoved by fiery thunderbolts in flight
Which sweep in ruin towers on high
Why then are miserable men in awe
When tyrants rage impotently?
If first you rid yourself of hope and fear
You have disarmed the tyrant's wrath
But whosoever quakes in fear or hope
Drifting and losing mastery
Has cast away his shield, has left his place
And binds the chain with which he will be bound
So, you need to be unmoved by the effects of spiritual experiences which threaten your knowledge, memory and belief systems.
You have to get rid of any expectations and rid yourself of the fear of what may happen as this edifice of personality that you have built comes crashing down.
If you do, what happens during this process of what is, effectively, destruction is nowhere near as terrifying.
But if you are frightened, or if you keep on anticipating what might happen, you have effectively blown it, ‘lost mastery’.
You have thrown away the shield of courage you had and effectively destroyed the ladder of ‘ascent’ – so ‘the chain’ with which you will be bound is the very chain that will keep you ‘earthbound.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Celtic - Spoils of Annwn - 05
- Chichen Itza - Mayan - The Great Ball Court
- Cohen, Leonard - Lover, lover, lover
- Crowley - 03 The Empress
- Crowley - 04 The Emperor
- Delos - 06 Ivory plaque
- Dionysos - Villa of Mysteries Pompei - The crystal ball
- Jami - Since I am hit by slanders
- Moreau - Venice 1885
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from On the Ascension
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from The Second Discourse 01
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from The Second Seclusion 02
- Novalis – Heinrich von Ofterdingen
- Organisation of Pictish society – Roles - Knight - The Whitham Shield
- Reichel-Dolmatoff – Amazonian Cosmos - The shield
- Rider-Waite - 03 The Empress
- Rilke, Rainer Maria - 07 Second Elegy
- Rumi - Divani Shamsi Tabriz - O heart What a wondrous bird art thou
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 01 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony
- Song of Solomon 4
- Soustelle - Aztecs and Mexica - The Making of a High Priestess
- Tarot - 10 Minor Arcana - 03 The Knights
- The Ancestors - Somerset - Cadbury Castle
- The Monument of Sir Humfrey de Littlebury at All Saints, Holbeach
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1904 Wounded Amazon
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 05 Disposition and weapons of the front formations
- Wesley, John - Sermon 72 - On Evil Angels
- Wirth, Oswald – 03 The Empress