Raising the dead
Raising the dead, is a form of Environmental control. More specifically it is the reversal or negation of the function of death.
We may think of death only as a physical thing, but Death is more functional than it is physical, as a whole series of processes are executed on death. If a person is able to ‘raise the dead’, he or she is in effect halting the progress of the ‘Death’ transaction and then reversing its effects. A bit like the ‘undo’ button a computer, or the rollback action in a database application.
Jesus was able to raise the dead, but so was Elijah, who had a number of environmental control abilities; he raised the dead, brought fire down from the sky, and was taken up in a whirlwind, he could also control the weather.
But these abilities are not just confined to Biblical characters. You will see from the observations that the ability was still going strong in many shamanic societies right up to the 1800s. So this is a worldwide ability .
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Colonel Townsend resurrects himself – dies and comes back to life by his own volition
- Dr Brigham witnesses the raising of a dead boy
- Jesus - Luke 7 - Raises the dead
- Jesus - Mark 5 - And Jairus' daughter
- Midrash Tehillin – The Torah is in the wrong order
- Mircea Eliade - John Slocum's Indian Shakers
- Poetic Edda - Sayings of the High One [extract]
- Sai Baba - Howard Murphet – Mr. V. Radhakrishna, a factory owner and well-known citizen in Kuppam, is raised from the dead
- Saint Francis of Paola - Raising the Dead
- Spencer, Stanley - 1927 The Resurrection, Cookham
- The Resurrection of Harides the Yoghi