Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Omeprazole, sold under the brand names Prilosec and Losec among others, is a medication used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, and Zollinger–Ellison syndrome. It is also used to prevent upper gastrointestinal bleeding in people who are at high risk It is taken by mouth
Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, headaches, and increased intestinal gas. Serious side effects may include Clostridium difficile colitis, an increased risk of pneumonia, an increased risk of bone fractures, and the potential of masking stomach cancer. It is unclear if it is safe for use in pregnancy. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor and as such blocks the release of stomach acid
The most frequent significant adverse effects occurring in at least 1% of patients include
- Central nervous system: headache (7%), dizziness (2%)
- Respiratory: upper respiratory tract infection (2%), cough (1%)
- Gastrointestinal: abdominal pain (5%), diarrhea (4%), nausea (4%), vomiting (3%), flatulence (3%), acid regurgitation (2%), constipation (2%)
- Neuromuscular and skeletal: back pain (1%), weakness (1%)
- Dermatologic: rash (2%)
Other significant concerns related to adverse effects are:
- Recurrence of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea
- Osteoporosis-related fractures
On Jan, 27, 2016: 1,009 people reported to have side effects when taking Zegerid. Among them, 4 people (0.40%) have Hallucination.
On Jan, 27, 2016: 1,009 people reported to have side effects when taking Zegerid. Among them, 19 people (1.88%) have Death.