The Kybalion - The Law of Energy
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
The Kybalion from A study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece – by the Three Initiates
The Hermetic masters have called this underlying power, this substantial reality by the hermetic name of ‘The All’, which term we consider the most comprehensive of the many terms applied by man… We accept and teach the view of the great hermetic thinkers of all times, as well of those of illumined souls who have reached higher planes of being…..
While the essential nature of the All is unknowable, there are certain truths connected with its existence which the human mind feels compelled to accept….
- The All must be all that really is, there can be nothing existing outside of the All, else the All would not be the All.
- The All must be Infinite … it must be everywhere, there is no place ‘outside’ of the All … it cannot be otherwise than continuous … without break, cessation, separation or interruption
- It must have always continuously existed … it can never not be for a moment, …. it must continuously exist forever
- The All must be immutable – not subject to change in its real nature
- The All cannot be added to or subtracted from, increased or diminished nor become greater or lesser in any respect whatsoever
Then is the All mere energy of force? Not energy or force as the materialists use the terms, for their energy and force are … mechanical things, devoid of ‘mind’ and ‘life’