Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Trimipramine (Surmontil, Rhotrimine, Stangyl) is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) with antipsychotic and sedative properties.
Trimipramine's primary use in medicine is in the treatment of major depressive disorder, especially where sedation is required due to its prominent sedative effects Trimipramine also has some weak antipsychotic effects which are less pronounced than with the phenothiazine antipsychotic perazine.
Common adverse effects includeote: Bolded adverse effects are serious ones.
- Sedation — especially common with trimipramine compared to the other TCAs
- Anticholinergic effects including:
- - dry mouth
- - blurred vision
- - mydriasis
- - decreased lacrimation
- - constipation
- - urinary hesitancy or retention
- - reduced GI motility
- - tachycardia (high heart rate)
- -anticholinergic delirium (particularly in the elderly and in Parkinson's disease)
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Sexual dysfunction including impotence, loss of libido and other sexual adverse effects
whereas adverse effects with an unknown incidence includes:
- Extrapyramidal side effects (e.g. parkinsonism, dystonia, etc.)
- ECG changes
- Increased liver function tests
and rare adverse effects include
- Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH)
- Blood dyscrasias including:
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart block
On Dec, 29, 2016 497 people reported to have side effects when taking Surmontil.
Among them, 9 people (1.81%) have Hallucination
On Jan, 15, 2016: 395 people reported to have side effects when taking Surmontil. Among them, 6 people (1.52%) have Death.