Out of body experiences and sensory acuity
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Out of the Body Experiences – Celia Green
Subjects sometimes report that their sensory acuity is increased in the OOB state, saying that their senses were heightened or enhanced. Usually they relate this statement particularly to their visual perceptions, which they describe as being more acute in every way, or crystal clear.
- 'I could see the room in great detail, even the specks of dust'.............
- "I wondered, as I saw my physical body in the bed 'is my hearing acute, without ears?' and I approached a patient who was asleep and listened to her breathing. I could hear it extremely clearly. I thought 'my sight is acutely clear too'"
Sometimes subjects report that their surroundings appear emotionally more significant.
- One subject, for example, described things as being 'lit from inside'.
- Another says 'I felt that if I went behind things there would be something different beyond'
Many subjects comment on the brightness or vividness of colours in the OOB state;
- 'colour very clear and bright and very stereoscopic'
- 'objects and places showed brilliant colours, as did clothing worn'
- 'everything was in beautiful colour and very real'
- 'colours seemed living and indescribable'
- I am tempted to say just as normal, but there is a qualitative difference, there is something about the colour that is too vivid and sparkly