Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Nystatin (originally named Fungicidin) is a polyene antifungal medication that is derived from a bacterium, Streptomyces noursei. Many mold and yeast infections are sensitive to nystatin, most notably Candida. It is used primarily for infections involving the skin, mouth, esophagus, and vagina.
Nystatin may be safely given orally, as well as applied topically, due to its minimal absorption through mucocutaneous membranes such as the gut and the skin. Due to its toxicity profile when high levels in the serum are obtained, no injectable formulations of this drug are currently on the US market. However, injectable formulations have been investigated in the past.
The oral suspension form produces a number of adverse effects including but not limited to:
- Abdominal pain
- Rarely, tachycardia, bronchospasm, facial swelling, muscle aches
Both the oral suspension and the topical form can cause:
- Hypersensitivity reactions, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome in some cases Rash, itching, burning and acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis
On Dec, 19, 2016 1,895 people reported to have side effects when taking Mycostatin.
Among them, 22 people (1.16%) have Hallucination
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Mycostatin :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Mycostatin :
On Jan, 7, 2016: 1,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Mycostatin. Among them, 39 people (2.87%) have Death.
Time on Mycostatin when people have Death :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years|
Gender of people who have Death when taking Mycostatin :
Age of people who have Death when taking Mycostatin :
Top conditions involved for these people :
- Anxiety (6 people, 15.38%)
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysaesthesia syndrome (4 people, 10.26%)
- Hypovitaminosis (4 people, 10.26%)
- Post procedural hypothyroidism (4 people, 10.26%)
- Neck pain (4 people, 10.26%)