Intelligences - PLANETS MARS Ninurta
Type of Spiritual Experience
Ninurta was a Sumerian and the Akkadian god of hunting and war. He is equivalent to Mars. Saturn appears to be mixed up in depictions and attributions with Ninurta and even the name given here may not be right. In some accounts Nergal is attributed to Mars, but Nergal is very definitely the Lord of the underworld.
The naming here is not clear, in Lagash , for example, he was linked with the city god Ningirsu. But Nirig – Saturn - was known as Ninip, Ninib, and Ningirsu.
A description of the experience
City states and Intelligences
Given the looting that has taken place and the destruction, the constant rebuilding and the sheer time – thousands of years – that has gone by, it is not possible to precisely state which Intelligences were the deities of which cities. Wikipedia has made many brave attempts, but they all contradict one another and this is not a criticism, it is a reflection of the fact that one cannot pin down the history of a mystic system when it is 6000 years old. Using their tables and a snapshot of the earliest allocations that could be found this is a possible allocation of deities to city states:
The Babylonians coloured the seven planets as follows: the moon, silvern; the sun, golden; Mars, red; Saturn, black; Jupiter, orange; Venus, yellow; and Mercury, blue
- Uruk – Anu and then Ishtar/Inanna, VENUS
- Ur - Nanna (in Akkadian, Sin) the MOON
- Marad - Ninurta was the god of hunting and war MARS.
- Lagash – and Girsu, dedicated to Ningursu/Ninip SATURN
- Larsa – and/or Sippar. Shamash also known as Utu – the SUN
- Eridu – Enki [later called Nebo] MERCURY
- Babylon [old] - Adad or Hadad, JUPITER. Jupiter the planet was called ‘Merodach’ - Marduk, in Babylonia. In other words when Marduk was introduced by the Babylonians, they also associated him with a planet. Jupiter was associated with Marduk by the Hammurabi period
The major divisions
- Kish - Ninhursag EARTH
- Nippur – Enlil - CREATOR
- Shuruppak – wife of Ninlil CREATED
- Bad-tibira – Dumuzi better known as Tammuz. WORLD SOUL/SON OF GOD *
- Cuth – or Cuthah/Kutha represented by the mound of Tell-Ibrahim. Nergal, Nirgal, or PLUTO. The UNDERWORLD [including Hell]
*Tammuz (Syriac: ܬܡܘܙ; Hebrew: תַּמּוּז, Transliterated Hebrew: Tammuz, Tiberian Hebrew: Tammûz; Arabic: تمّوز Tammūz; Akkadian: Duʾzu, Dūzu; Sumerian: Dumuzid ), is translated as "faithful or true son". Symbolically the ‘Son of God’ and collectively all the sons of God are then the World soul