Does heaven exist? With well over 100,000 plus recorded and described spiritual experiences collected over 15 years, to base the answer on, science can now categorically say yes. Furthermore, you can see the evidence for free on the website allaboutheaven.org.

Available on Amazon
also on all local Amazon sites, just change .com for the local version (.co.uk, .jp, .nl, .de, .fr etc.)


This book, which covers Visions and hallucinations, explains what causes them and summarises how many hallucinations have been caused by each event or activity. It also provides specific help with questions people have asked us, such as ‘Is my medication giving me hallucinations?’.

Available on Amazon
also on all local Amazon sites, just change .com for the local version (.co.uk, .jp, .nl, .de, .fr etc.)

Observations placeholder

Grandmother's OBE in surgery



Type of Spiritual Experience


A description of the experience

The Wisdom of Near Death Experiences - Dr Penny Sartori

This lady reported an OBE during surgery:

I am a mother and grandmother, I went on to university after my out-of-body experience, which I had approximately eight years ago.  I have a degree in psychology and a masters in psychoanalytic studies, not bad for an ‘old un’ and a dyslexic!

I was having problems and to cut a long story short it culminated in an operation. The private operation was to be finished by 4.30-5.00pm, my husband was told to phone the surgeon at 5.00pm and he would speak to him, telling him how it went.

The first thing that happened was that I was aware I was wide awake in a very bright yellow room; I felt the walls were covered in yellow tiles and the lights were very bright. I knew immediately that I was in hospital. I was very calm and felt really, really well; I looked to my left and saw the clock on the wall: it was showing the time as 6.50pm. I felt immediately sorry for my husband as I knew he would be panicking, not having been told all was well yet.

I looked down and could see my arms, and lower body. In my left hand there was a double tap (allowing 2 points for drugs to enter). I was aware that there were people behind me, but I couldn't see them. I tried to look right but couldn't really see that side of the room.

There was a panic going on in the room, which surprisingly I wasn't at all worried about; I was more concerned about my husband. The person behind me on the right was a woman – she informed my surgeon, who I recognized (even though he was in greens, white Wellington boots, blue jay cloth type cap on his head and face mask dangling around his jaw line) that my blood pressure was dropping, she repeated this info at quite regular intervals. My surgeon was getting really cross and agitated, this surprised me as this was a side of him I’d never seen before. He began yelling at the man in a white coat who had come into view from the right, who I recognized as the person who had taken my blood tests earlier. He had a clip board in his hand which he was looking at; he was clearly shaken at the surgeon's tone with him.

The surgeon demanded to know how many units of blood I’d been given, he answered two, at which the surgeon exploded: 'No you didn't, there was at least three empty on the floor.' He was pacing up and down, to my left, looking really concerned. Another man dressed in day clothes entered from the right, who I recognized as the anaesthetist. The surgeon was again very confrontational with him, demanding that he do something.

The anaesthetist ignored the ranting and calmly spoke to the woman behind me, asking how low my blood pressure had dropped and then calmly looked at the clip board that the white coat man was holding; he returned it and walked around the foot of the bed. I watched as he lifted my left hand; he didn't acknowledge me. He was holding a syringe; he uncapped one of the taps and put the syringe into it.

Everything went black and I was back in my body and I felt very, very ill. I tried to sit up and speak to the surgeon and they restrained me and pulled out the throat 'thing'. I gagged, then started to say, 'Don't have a go at the others.' I wanted to say more but was overcome with nausea. I looked up at the clock, it was exactly where it was before, it was 6.50pm and I looked to the right and could now see the end of the room (only beds and a wall). I was checking for myself that I hadn't dreamed it. I definitely had not! The room was a recovery room and wasn't as bright or yellow somehow, but it was the same room.

The surgeon was so relieved he kissed my cheek, he ripped from his head the blue cap and pulled his mask off and said, 'I can go home now.'

I glanced down as he turned to walk away and there were the white wellies!

The next day the surgeon came to see me; he asked me if I remembered anything from the night before. I told him that they had had trouble with my blood pressure continually dropping. His jaw dropped - I think he was shocked. He went on to tell me that it had indeed dropped and adrenaline was administered, and then all was well. There had been complications and the op had taken longer than they expected.

I know without a doubt that the experience was real, the clock, the timing, the surgeon's attire and the things I’d seen did happen.

The source of the experience

Ordinary person

Concepts, symbols and science items



Science Items

Activities and commonsteps