Cannabis and sleep apnea
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Citation: Thunnus. "Obstructive Sleep Apnea: An Experience with Cannabis (ID 58125)". Erowid.org. Jun 13, 2007. erowid.org/exp/58125
I have rather obstructive sleep apnea. Combined with years of insomnia that never went away after a bad bout with depression, I used to only get about 3-4 hours of sleep each night. This was due to a few different factors:
1. My insomnia prevented me from getting to bed until the wee hours of the morning.
2. My apnea-treatment is very uncomfortable. I usually only get 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before I wake up and in the past, I usually was not able to get back to sleep.
3. Even the 3-4 hours I was getting was not very restful.
Since starting treatment with cannabis, I am able to:
1. Sleep more or less when I want to
2. Sometimes get 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep
3. Even if I wake up after 3-4 hours, I can get back to sleep
4. Each sleep cycle is more restful.
I live in a legal state but I really hope it becomes federally legal for med use. Its a shame because there are really no side-effects, it is not addictive and there is no hangover. What more could I ask for from a sleep therapy med - all the others come with a host of side-effects and most synthesized med are, in varying degress, toxic to the body.
The source of the experienceEROWID
Concepts, symbols and science items
Activities and commonsteps
Sleep deprivation, insomnia and mental exhaustion