Brian Gard - Accidental ingestion of poisonous mushroom in the Central Idaho Wilderness
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
I accidentally ate a very potent mushroom in the Central Idaho Wilderness August 23rd, 2013, I have eaten wild mushrooms for 30 years and 'tested' this little bright yellow mushroom, it tasted good and 2 hours later I ate two full handfuls. The description provided in this video in its last 3 minutes is exactly what I experienced, I went to sleep, dreamed lucidly, when I came to 12 hours later I was euphoric, but injured, I took my 11 year old son and 68 year old friend to wrestle, restrain, and try to keep me down, I was air lifted by a Black Hawk Helicopter of the 101st Airbourne of Air National Guard out of Boise Idaho to Salmon Steele Memorial Hospital where I remained for 2 days, the intense euphoria lasted 4 days, I hallucinated for 2 days, it took 9 days before I felt it was mostly gone, Physical injuries incurred from by combative thrashing around and my son and friend trying to restrain me lasted 3 months. I do think permanent change has occurred in my outlook and attitude - for the better, I am more open minded and less inclined to be judgmental. I am an athiest, have been for more than 45 years, but I sat on Jesus lap., talked to God, was confronted by the Devil and his 6 'Lieutenants' who came to destroy me, but alas God summoned Muhammad Ali, 'Smokin' Joe Frazer and George Foreman all in their prime of life to deal with the Devil and his 6 assassins. ................
Sounds impossible, but it all happened. I ate the mushroom to add nutitrition to our dry backpack fare, not to get high, it resulted in the strangest experience I could ever imagine.
and then? very interesting!
Wow, who would have know that some mushrooms could dramatically change some ones life.