Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Benazepril, brand name Lotensin (Novartis), is an ACE inhibitor used primarily in treatment of hypertension, congestive heart failure, and heart attacks, and also in preventing the renal and retinal complications of diabetes.
ACE inhibitors relax blood vessels, and decrease blood volume, which lowers blood pressure and decreases oxygen demand from the heart. They inhibit angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is part of the renin–angiotensin–aldosterone system.
Benazepril is a prodrug which is metabolized by the liver into its active form benazeprilat via cleavage of the drug's ester group.
Most common Lotensin side effects from eHealthme
- Nausea - (570 reports)
- Fatigue - (496 reports)
- High blood pressure - (478 reports)
- Chest pain - (469 reports)
- Weakness - (466 reports)
- Pain - (428 reports)
- Cardiac failure congestive - (417 reports)
- Heart attack - (414 reports)
- Drug ineffective - (391 reports)
- Stress and anxiety - (376 reports)