A summary of kundalini side-effects
Type of Spiritual Experience
BackgroundThis came from a self help website and I thought it was quite helpful
A description of the experience
Else Johansen has together with other people who have experienced a kundalini arousal, put together a list of the most typical symptoms:
- Burning heat or ice-cold currents moving up the spine, and in most cases, reaching the head.
- Sometimes a feeling of air bubbles or snake movement up through the body up to the head.
- Pains in varying locations throughout the body.
- Titillation of the genital area, spine, or head.
- Tension or stiffness in the neck, and headaches.
- Vibrations, unease, or cramps in legs and other parts of the body.
- Fast pulse and increased metabolism.
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell, and the proximity of other people.
- Orgasm-like sensations in different places in the body, or total cosmic orgasms.
- Mystical/religious experiences, revelations, and/or cosmic glimpses.
- Parapsychological abilities. Light phenomena in or outside the body.
- Problems with finding the balance between strong sexual urges, and a wish to live in sublime purity.
- Persistent anxiety or anxiety attacks, due to lack of understanding of what is going on.
- Insomnia, manic high spirits or deep depression. Energy loss.
- Impaired concentration and memory.
- Total isolation, due to inability to communicate inner experiences out.
Of course you can have some of these symptoms without having a kundalini arousal.