Cause effect chain
Any one activity may cause a whole series of related effects in a long chain reaction.
An effect is the consequence of an activity. For example Event A may produce Illnesses B, C and D, which themselves result in Disability G, Illnesses E and F and an Event H. Generally this is known as an Effect, but when illnesses are being referred to it may be known as a Symptom.
It is only by following this chain that the ultimate effects can be found.
A cause is the event that resulted in an activity. Cause and effect are thus related, an illness A may result in another illness B [effect] and thus the illness B may be caused by the illness A.
As can be seen from the diagrams, an activity might have multiple effects and multiple causes.
Thus, an activity may be caused by a number of activities in a long chain reaction of cause and effect. For example we can see that Illness A is caused by Illness C and D, but in turn they too can be caused by other activities. At some point we find an external cause – something that happened to the body. Thus the ultimate Cause is actually an Event – a virus, for example, or a toxin, or pollution or a heavy metal or something similar. In effect a cause is ultimately a Threat or an Opportunity or an Obligation.
But it is only by following this chain backwards that we can determine the ultimate or root cause of an activity way down the chain. For example, typhoid can be caused by polluted water, influenza is caused by a virus or viruses and so on.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Al-Ghazzali - The Alchemy of Happiness - 11 On science, cause and effect #018777
- Alain Danielou - While the Gods Play - 02 The Experimental Method (Vaisheshika) #022544
- Aristotle - Physics II, 3, and Metaphysics V, 2 - Cause and effect #014998
- Aurelius, Marcus - Meditations - Events #003779
- Avicenna - The Canon of Medicine - Cause not effect diagnosis #011860
- Babbage, Charles - The Ninth Bridgewater Treatise #004025
- Browning, Robert - Reverie - All is effect of cause #020344
- Cheyne, George - A mystic conversion and the healing path #026267
- Chuang Tzu - Do not ask whether the Principle is in this or in that, it is in all beings #003904
- Cicero - Treatises on Divination, Prophecy and Destiny #022736
- Cohen, Leonard - Alexandra leaving #010938
- Comenius - Didactica Magna - Encourage the use of the word ‘why’ #020675
- Comenius - Didactica Magna - Teach morality as a core subject #020672
- Crosse, Andrew – Poems – Retribution #026750
- Daumal, Rene - A Fundamental experiment - Part 5 #011124
- Dawkins, Professor Richard - The God Delusion - Conscience #014602
- Epictetus - The Enchiridion - 29, 30, 31 #013351
- Homeopathy for Collective Diseases - AIDs, Malaria, Trauma, Vaccines and Toxins - The quest for a collective simillimum #012621
- Janet, Pierre - Healing Irène and Justine’s terrifying hallucinations #024886
- Jeans, Sir James - The Mysterious Universe - The Principle of Cause and Effect #013994
- Jeremy Bentham - The Principles of Morals and Legislation - On Adversity #013999
- Kant, Immanuel - Critique of Pure Reason - Cause effect chains and heuristics #015109
- Kant, Immanuel - Critique of Pure Reason - How to use the knowledge gained? #015114
- Kant, Immanuel - Critique of Pure Reason - The Ultimate Intelligence as First Cause #015112
- King, Martin Luther - 01 AUGUST 1963 Letter from Birmingham Jail #025052
- Leibniz - The Monadology - 05 #020587
- MacLaine, Shirley - The death of her parents #026410
- Mesopotamia - Its technology and culture 02 Divination #022203
- Motoyama, Dr Hiroshi – Healing illness #021081
- Myōe – There was a pole made of lapis lazuli hanging from the sky #021381
- Palmer, Daniel David - On finding the cause of disease #011249
- Schopenhauer, Arthur - The World as Will and Idea - Fate and destiny #003992
- Schrodinger, Erwin - Mind and Matter - Cause effect chains #004011
- Still, Andrew Taylor - Treat the cause not the effect #011218
- Swedenborg, Emanuel - The Infinite - And the creation #005684
- Swedenborg, Emanuel - The Infinite - The First cause #018549
- The Kybalion - The Law of Cause and Effect #008172
- Tirrukural, the - Book 2 from Medicine #022858
- Trine, R W - In tune with the Infinite - Healing energy #014610
- Trine, R W - In tune with the Infinite - The mystic force #014614
- Wesley’s Britain in the 1700s - Medical treatments #024684
- Yerka, Jacek and Luigi Pirandello - Six characters in search of an author #014765
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Book IV - 03. The Husbandman #008311