Common steps and sub-activities
Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another. It is intended to be a benign act – often used in healing someone whose illnesses are being determined by the contents of their mind – traumatic memories or similar.
In contrast, Mind control (also known as brainwashing, re-education, brainsweeping, coercive persuasion, thought control, or thought reform) is suggestion whose objectives are not benign.
There is no difference between the two in method, the only real difference is in the motives of the person sending the suggestion or attempting control and their motives; and of course motives are subjective, not objective. An apparently benign action, may actually be incredibly harmful.
Good and bad are entirely subjective concepts, which is why this area is so tricky ethically and morally.
The word brainwashing tends to be used in wartime and here we are never sure what the motives are. The U.S. military and government laid charges of "brainwashing", for example, in an effort to undermine detailed confessions made by military personnel to war crimes, including biological warfare. One Chinese radio broadcast had Frank Schwable, Chief of Staff of the First Marine Air Wing admitting to participating in germ warfare. So either brain-washing had flushed out a confession, or it had implanted a false notion – in which case the word brain washing hardly seems apt.
Interestingly, the 1956 U.S. Army report entitled Communist Interrogation, Indoctrination, and Exploitation of Prisoners of War states "exhaustive research of several government agencies failed to reveal even one conclusively documented case of 'brainwashing' of an American prisoner of war in Korea." Which rather implies that when Frank Schwable, Chief of Staff of the First Marine Air Wing admitting to participating in germ warfare, he was just stating a fact.
How does it work?
Both suggestion and mind control are achieved via inter composer communication. One person in an open suggestible state, usually in a trance state, is sent instructions by the composer of the person attempting to control the other. This contrasts with the type of inter composer communication where a message is sent.
It is possible to broadcast instructions as well, such that the instructions go to a group of people in trance and in a suggestible state.
There may be spoken words, sentences, but the real activity takes place at the spiritual - composer to composer level. In fact if a controlling person says one thing but thinks another, what is said will be ignored. Thus one can see the immense danger of this form of communication, as the sender may be inadvertently thinking all the wrong things, or may attempt to appear benign whilst actually being anything but.
Let us suppose a cult leader wished to rape all the women in his group without opposition, whilst at the same time giving the appearance to the men in the group that he was a caring, non violent person. He might get the women into a trance in the presence of the men and say ‘I am a caring, non violent person and love you all deeply”, whilst giving the subliminal order via thought to the women in trance “when I rape you, you will submit without argument and tell no one”
Stress and negative emotion disrupt the immune system and also affect organs. The Chinese medical system (TCM) has long recognised the link between the mind, emotions and organs – see types of hurt and organs. Thus if one can heal the hurt caused by some emotional trauma one is more likely to be able to also heal organ damage.
The healing suggestions sent to an emotionally traumatised person when they are in a trance state, should help heal the wounds of emotional hurt and any organ affected. This is the principle behind tapping. So for example a broken heart might be healed by healing the emotional loss that caused this.
Suggestion can also be used for much simpler aims such as trying to stop an alcoholic from reverting back to drinking, or helping a person to stop smoking.
People with chronic pain can be relieved of that pain on an almost permanent basis through the power of suggestion. This, of course, appears to be not only benign, but of enormous medical significance, until one realises that a person without pain ceases to want to find out the cause of their pain and seek treatment for it. Thus a person with treatable heavy metal poisoning which is causing rheumatoid arthritis, may simply carry on without treatment if you relieve their pain, when they should be seeking chelation therapy.
The main methods used to get people into a trance state is usually some form of hypnosis or hypnotherapy.
But, in the observations you will find examples of people who were controlled without any hypnotic processes at all, by people like Wolf Messing, who had a gift he tried to use for the benefit of others, but may unconsciously have not always used wisely. As he said
I can control a person's will just by looking at the back of his head, and without making visual contact with him.
And as you will see from the site there are any number of different ways one can go into a trance state – a state conducive to spiritual experience, - grief, tremendous excitement, fear, torture and pain, reverse REM, sensory deprivation, humiliation, steady pulsed beating sounds, fasting or starvation, relaxation and so on.....
CIA experiments using various psychedelic drugs such as LSD and Mescaline drew from Nazi scientist research during World War II.
Advertisers know this, marketing people know this, the arms of political parties dealing with propaganda know this, the news media know this, and of course all deny there is such a thing as spiritual experience – because if they did we might all awake to what may be going on.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Adams, Ryan - Helping cope with Meniere's disease
- Ades, Eduard and Marguerite - Mrs Ades feels no pain
- Braid, James – Curing amenorrhoea using both hypnotism and the power of Suggestion
- Bunny Vreeland cured of allergies by hypnotherapy
- Dr Stephen Black - Asthma as a psychosomatic and preventable disease
- Dr Stephen Black - Asthma, hay fever and hypnotherapy
- Dr Stephen Black - Curing Tinnitus with hypnotherapy, and Tinnitus as a psychosomatic illness
- Dr Stephen Black - Hypnotherapy, hysterical blindness and Herpes
- Dr Stephen Black - Infertility, the sex drive and hypnotherapy
- Erasmus Darwin – Zoonomia – The power of a spell to do harm
- Inducing convulsions in patients
- Martineau, Harriet - Letters on Mesmerism - The power of one mind over another's
- Messing, Wolf - A prophecy 'Hitler will die if he turns toward the East' and a narrow escape via mind control
- Messing, Wolf - Attending the court-room trial in the case of the mysterious murder of a nineteen-year-old girl
- Messing, Wolf - I mentally suggested to him: 'It is a ticket ... a ticket ... a ticket ...'
- Messing, Wolf - Prophesies the death of his wife, Aida
- Messing, Wolf - Prophesies the death of the young man of Herculean stature with an Ernest Hemingway-style beard
- Messing, Wolf - The control of the mind of Professor Leopold Gavrilov
- Messing, Wolf - The meetings with Stalin 01
- Messing, Wolf - The meetings with Stalin 02
- Messing, Wolf - The meetings with Stalin 03
- Messing, Wolf - The power of suggestion in hypnotism
- Messing, Wolf - The power of suggestion in hypnotism – Making an arrogant bureaucrat hop
- Messing, Wolf - The power of suggestion in hypnotism – The count who thought that pigeons were building a nest inside his head
- Messing, Wolf – The writer Nadeshda Filipovna Kramova receiving news about her husband caught up in the siege of Leningrad
- Mikhailova, Nelya - Experiments with Dr. Larissa Vilenskaya – mind control
- Placebo: Cracking the Code
- Project MKUltra
- Romano, Jacques - A problem with hypnosis
- Romano, Jacques - The power of suggestion
- Surgery without an anaesthetic
- Visual hallucinations from the powerful emotion of desire