Symbols - What does heaven look like
But, there is also another symbolism applied to the gazelle when used in the context of the spiritual path. The Conscious [masculine] self is often shown as a Leopard and the Subconscious [feminine] self is shown as a Gazelle, in effect the masculine and the feminine must be at peace together within yourself and in balance in order to progress along the path.
Just as the Lion must lay down with the Lamb, in this similarly devised symbolism, the Leopard must lay down with the Gazelle.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Arifi of Herat - The Ball and the Polo Stick - He bade them put the saddle on a steed #003299
- Arifi of Herat - The Ball and the Polo Stick - In his locks he had a thousand hidden curls #003298
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - At Dhú Salam and the monastery #013412
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - My lovesickness is from her of the lovesick eyelids #013419
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - O doves that haunt the arák and bán trees #013411
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 042 Section 3 #013463
- Khusrau, Amir - Ghazal 1148 #020745