Symbols - What does heaven look like
The symbolism of the feather is principally derived from that of Weighing.
Ancient Egyptian symbolism incorporated the idea of scales used on death to judge a person. The person's heart was 'weighed' and if it was as light or lighter than a feather, the person was free of restrictions and could 'pass on'. This symbolism is derived from both the vibrational frequency of levels signifying lightness or heaviness and the two paths - reincarnation or no reincarnation.
Beyond the Earth level, numerous other vibrational levels exist and increasing rates of vibration are figuratively speaking 'up'. Thus lightness is equivalent to increasing vibrational frequency, if one is 'heavy' with demons weighing you down, then the path in most belief systems is towards reincarnation. If you are not weighed down by demons - which have a very low vibrational frequency - then one is figuratively speaking 'light' and able to rise up the levels and layers and not be reincarnated.
Thus the symbolism is principally connected with the spiritual path.
Any use of feathers in hats, turbans, and so on, thus signified a person who was symbolically free of demons and able to rise' up' towards the Stars.
It is where the English expression 'A feather in your cap' comes from - in essence you are a high flyer!
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Attar, Fariduddin - The Simurgh #015222
- Constance Oliver - Magpies in Picardy #013133
- Copan - Mayan - Stela H #011692
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - Samson #012919
- Dickinson, Emily - Dropped into the ether acre, Wearing the sod gown #000457
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - The flag wavers #020962
- Harivamsha Purana - Krishna upholding the Govardhan mountain #024738
- Kahuna - British Museum Deity Images showing the Higher spirit #003099
- Le Nain - Allegorie de la victoire #008001
- Palenque - Mayan - Wall panels and inscriptions #011717
- Rider-Waite - 0 The Fool #007481
- Rider-Waite - 13 Death #007508
- Rider-Waite - 19 The Sun #010357
- Rolling Stones - I stood and held your hand #003828
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Dantis Amor #010573
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Saint Catherine 1857 #010576
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Woman with a fan #010574
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Abu Simbel #014132
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Isis and Osiris #014100
- Sheridan, Clare –The Terrifying power of the Horns #023705
- The Healing Wisdom of Birds – Lesley Morris - Feather fans #021566
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 01 #016004
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 05 - 3 Feather feather! #000896
- Tikal - Mayan - Stela 16 #011712
- Uxmal - Mayan - Governor's Palace #011695
- Uxmal - Mayan - West building the feathered serpent #011701
- Waterhouse, John William - Dolce far Niente #008094