Symbols - What does heaven look like
Bracelets and armlets
The term armlet means an arm ring that is positioned just below the upper shoulder.
The origin of the term 'bracelet' is from the Greek 'brachile' meaning 'of the arm', via the Old French 'barcel'.
But a bracelet is also a small brace or bracer and this is an arm-guard used by archers. And here we have the key connection, because by extension anyone wearing or being given a bracelet or armlet is being given their ‘wings’, their chance to fly, as the symbolism derives from that of the arrow and the bow.
It is also ring shaped and thus takes on the symbolism of all rings in that it represents a level or layer.
Thus to be given a bracelet that has red or orange jewels, rubies for example, in it means you have probably reached the fire level. A bracelet with saphires and hence blue means attainment of the water level. A diamond bracelet is the symbol of enlightenment – you have reached the aether level.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Copan - Mayan - Stela D #011693
- Copan - Mayan - Stela H #011692
- Delos - 06 Ivory plaque #022517
- Ernst, Max - Montrant a une Jeune Fille la Tete de son Pere #006412
- Healer H - Bracelets and necklaces #000877
- Healer H - Having a board meeting #000875
- Indus valley - Dholavira - 06 The ‘Smithy’ #022631
- Indus valley - Dholavira - 07 The ‘Hemispherical Constructions’ #022632
- Indus valley - Mohenjo-Daro - 06 The Dancing girl or Deva-dasi #022613
- Indus valley - Mohenjo-Daro - 08 The Hierophant #022614
- Karnataka and South India - 07 Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple #022642
- Klimt - Allegory of Sculpture #007667
- Krishna and kite #001224
- Krishna receives reflexology stimulation #000757
- Levy-Dhurmer - Salome #007563
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 03 Love with visualisation and Prayer #022207
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 07 Sex #022101
- Millais, John Everett - The Black Brunswicker #007746
- Moreau - Jason 1865 #007837
- Palenque - Mayan - Wall panels and inscriptions #011717
- Rops, Felicien - La Dame au Pantin #010536
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Portraits of Fanny Cornforth 1 #010566
- Rubens - Marchesa Brigida Spinola Doria #010591
- Saint-Exupery, Antoine de - Le Petit Prince #004400
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Hermes-Thoth #014098
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Bull #022483
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 2 The White Knight and the beehive #006438
- Tikal - Mayan - Stela 16 #011712
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1906 Salome #019641
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1927 Judith and Holofernes #019632