Symbols - What does heaven look like
Wheel with twelve spokes [the Zodiac]
The symbol for the signs of the Zodiac inherit the symbolism of the Wheel in its generic sense as a cycle of change. The Signs of the Zodiac is a static view of the activities that constitute the change process this has twelve spokes.
Thus it is not a moving cycle as such, it is a static view of all the types of activities that might be needed to build the systems of the universe and thus evolve the universe. But like the I Ching, the Zodiac can be applied to virtually any entity, from the start and end of a business to a person’s life. A year can be represented as a cycle. And the 'great cycle' of 25,920 years [equinox] can also be represented.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Atharvaveda - XIX 53 from Prayer to Kala [Time] #015847
- Boehme, Jacob - Aurora - The music of the spheres #013269
- David Lewis-Williams - the Xam and the Unmoving mover #019764
- Flamel, Nicolas - Aurora consurgens #015975
- Frost, Robert - They spoke of the sun And moon and stars #015317
- Guthrie, Woody - Wheel of Life #020804
- Lalla - The mill goes round and round in slow circles #020300
- Russell, George William - My inner being is not one but many #015779
- Schulz, Charles - Change #017118
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 17 - Marsh, meadow, wheel #019402
- The Calculation of the Sigui - By the Dogon, the Bambara, the Bozo and the Minianka #011416
- The Lotus Sutra - 02 Expedient Means - 1 The net of doubt #023866
- Wadsworth Longfellow, Henry - Thus the Seer #020817