Symbols - What does heaven look like
A silk worm is a symbol of the spirit of a human being, being soft, it weaves [thus we take the symbolism of weaving] a cocoon with its spiral thread [thread and cord] thus in a sense the cocoon is symbolically like a hill and the spiritual path.
Eventually the cocoon will produce a butterfly again employing the symbolism of the butterfly.
Hence the cocoon and silk worm are symbols of the soul on the spiritual path.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancestors, the - Art - Anthropomorphic Female Neolithic ceramic figurine #021716
- Castaneda, Carlos - A Separate Reality - The Aura #011899
- Dickinson, Emily - Cocoon above! Cocoon below, Stealthy cocoon, why hide you so #000736
- Godwin, Joscelyn - On butterflies #000740
- Hockney, David - Li Shangyin - Untitled poem #014380
- Lilly, John - On LSD and butterflies #000739
- Madame Camille Selden - Heinrich Heine's death #016679
- Magician Lu - Immortality and Reincarnation – Alexandra David-Neel #016662
- Millais, John Everett - The Black Brunswicker #007746
- Ramakrishna - Hymns of Ramakrishna - The silk worm patiently prepares #000741
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The cocoon #014065