Symbols - What does heaven look like
Judgement - the tarot
In general the cards depict a trumpet – because as we know from examining near death experiences, people perceive the tunnel through which they travel to have very roughly the shape of a trumpet, wide at the bottom and narrow at the top.
Throughout the Bible and in the Qu’ran together with many poems and novels, there are descriptions of people hearing a ‘trumpet’ when they die. We may think that this is a whimsical notion – but some people do indeed hear a noise similar to a trumpet – thus whatever system is in operation to get their spirits on the move up the shaft, it sounds like a trumpet to the newly dead.
Some example cards follow.
More examples along with the symbolism of the swaddling clothes or cocoon.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 11 - 1 Who stole the Tarts #000261
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 11 - 2 Cross examination of the Hatter #000379
- Celtic - Spoils of Annwn - 01 #013890
- Hardy, Thomas - Channel firing #013328
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - My longing sought the Upland and my affliction the Lowland #013406
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 160 Section 15 #013457
- Lalla - Prune the weeds from your heart’s garden #020316
- Michelangelo - 1534 Sistine Chapel - 01 Last Judgement #024456
- Michelangelo - 1534 Sistine Chapel - 02 Last Judgement #024460
- Michelangelo - 1534 Sistine Chapel - 03 Last Judgement #024457
- Michelangelo - 1534 Sistine Chapel - 04 Last Judgement #024458
- Plutarch – The Vision of Aridæus 03 #023780
- Rolling Stones - I stood and held your hand #003828
- Sikhism – Japji 34 #017204
- Waterhouse, John William - Marianne Leaving the Judgement Seat of Herod #008100
- Yerka, Jacek and Raymond Moody - Judgement #014766