Symbols - What does heaven look like
A type of rebirth experience in which the person having the spiritual experience feels themselves and usually sees themselves, to be consumed – eaten and then reconstituted.
The person may feel they are being consumed by leopards, lions, or large birds such as eagles, ravens or vultures. The body is effectively ‘stripped clean’ and then put back together again. The person must feel a sense of consumption by the huge creature that attacks them followed by a feeling that what is them has somehow been reconstituted into a new them.
The symbolism is the same as with all rebirth experiences in that it symbolically shows the reconfiguration of the person’s functions with the removal of unwanted functions and the addition of new needed functions. The purpose is to make the person fit for a new role within the spiritual world connected with their destiny.
Instead of the process being a long slow gentle one however, it is completed within one visionary experience and is thus traumatic, as the removal of the functions and addition of new ones can be felt physically and real pain ensues.
The Composer simply adds images suited to the degree of reconfiguration that has had to take place. If the person is lucky they simply become unconscious during the worst parts, if they are not lucky they symbolically see and experience every step of the process.
It is worth noting that this is the origin of the ‘Sky Burial’ which is a ritual physical act to celebrate the spiritual actions.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Acteon and Artemis #011424
- Aurora Consurgens - 02 An allegory of entombment #016053
- Aurora consurgens - 05 An allegory of rebirth #016057
- Ayahuasca experience (Joe Rogan Experience) #017562
- Bhutanese rebirth experience #003854
- Burmese rebirth experience #003853
- Castaneda, Carlos - Wheel of Time - Describes rebirth #003856
- Chod #003641
- Clement of Alexandria - Protrepticus - Describes the Dionysian mysteries #013280
- Copan - Mayan - Stela P Temple 16 #011686
- Gershom Scholem – On the Kabbalah and its symbolism - The Red Heifer #014906
- Howard Storm - And his terrifying rebirth experience #014254
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Dismemberment in the woods #003858
- Jason, medea and the teeth of the Dragon #011423
- Kusō-shie - The image and verses on the Nine aspects #022798
- Mircea Eliade - Describes Altaian shaman rebirth #003857
- Mircea Eliade - Describes Siberian shaman rebirth 003069
- Mircea Eliade - Describes Yakut shaman rebirth #003859
- Mircea Eliade - Describes a Tibetan Tantric rite #002409
- Mircea Eliade - Eskimo rebirth experiences #011496
- Mircea Eliade - On Tibetan rebirth experience #003855
- Mircea Eliade - Tibetan Buddhism - Rebirth #000847
- Mutus Liber 06 #016198
- Mutwa, Vusamazulu Credo - Consumed by leopards #002389
- Myōe – Dream of being devoured by Wolves #022800
- Ovid - Metamorphoses - The Transformation of Ino and Melicerta to Sea-Gods #004115
- Stolz von Stolzenberg, Daniel - Viridarium chemicum 1624 #016124
- The Short path #003643
- The Wolf Devours the dead king and the king is reborn #022799
- The other night, I dreamed of a weasel with one eye biting my arms #014789
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 04 - 2 The Walrus and the Carpenter #003041
- Tibetan Book of the Dead - Rebirth in a Dream #010713
- Tibetan Buddhism - Chod and the wolf #003642