Symbols - What does heaven look like
Dish and platter
A dish or a plate is a symbol of having been Beheaded. The symbolism derives from the story of John the Baptist in the Bible [see below]. By being able to divorce the lower half of your body you deprive your mind of the sensations coming from it and thereby are more able to have a spiritual experience.
The platter used in the Holy Grail story is an allegory of Beheading.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 06 - 1 Pig and Pepper #011116
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 10 - 2 The voice of the lobster #007462
- Clement of Alexandria - I have eaten from the drum #002213
- Hey diddle diddle #007461
- Indus valley - Dholavira - 06 The ‘Smithy’ #022631
- Levy-Dhurmer - Salome #007563
- One two buckle my shoe #008185
- Redon, Odilon - Les Noirs 2 #008019
- The Marriage of Philology and Mercury - Maid 3 #010689
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 1 It's my own invention #001975
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 2 The White Knight and the beehive #006438
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 08 - 3 Falling off #000866
- Waterhouse, John William - The favourites of Emperor Honorius #008106
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Vision of Zosimos - 08 #015924