Symbols - What does heaven look like
The ankh is symbolically the same as the cross, although it can combine both types of crosses – the enlightened symbolism with the raised hands and the unenlightened symbolism.
It was also known as the key of life, the key of the Nile or the crux ansata (Latin meaning "cross with a handle").
Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. For its meaning see Key.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - Legends of Sekhmet #007274
- Ancient Egyptian - The sceptre as a symbol #014090
- Ancient Egyptian - The symbolism of the ankh #014111
- Aztec Codex Magliabecchiano - Aztec rebirth #004121
- Braveheart - Columns and ankhs #001783
- Braveheart - Forest streams and the wall #003424
- Braveheart - Lifting tree trunks #001898
- Braveheart - Rivers, lochs and nymphs #006592
- Crowley - 12 The Hanged Man #007507
- Dr M Morse - From Closer to the Light - Egyptian rebirth reconstruction #000103
- Fox, Oliver - And the black crux ansata #000889
- Intelligences - TRINITY WORLD SOUL Tammuz [and Ishtar] #007061
- Norse - Staraya Ladoga #017155
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Hermes-Thoth #014098
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Isis and Osiris #014100
- The Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead #007068