Symbols - What does heaven look like
The peacock is representative of connection to our Higher spirit - the connection through the Higher spirit to the rest of the spiritual world.
In the first place the peacock takes on the symbolism of all Birds. That is they are in ascension.
Secondly, the head of a male peacock is symbolic of the opening of the crown chakra – connection with the Higher spirit. In other words, when it is displaying, the small set of feathers on the top of its head symbolises the connection the Higher Spirit has made to the rest of the spiritual world.
The ‘eyes’ are symbolically ‘Atoms’ – collections of spiritual function within the overall sea of chaos. Although the colour symbolism isn’t quite right, each eye has all the colours of the Rainbow in it, symbolic of the Levels and layers of the spiritual world. In the centre is the Eye of God.
In alchemy, the peacock is one of the stages of the 'great work' and part of the Purification stage - usually that related to 'contact', but in some systems it can relate to moksha - the end of purification.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Isole Madre #006619
- Attar, Fariduddin - The Peacock's excuse #015229
- Bacon, Roger - The Mirror of Alchemy – Chapter 06 #015946
- Cameron, Norman - From lands where all the flowers have teeth #002871
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The First Day #010650
- Cirlot on cardinal directions and animals #004810
- Cirlot on peacocks #007057
- Delville, Jean - Plato’s disciples #002779
- Desnos, Robert - Cascade #021495
- Godwin, Joscelyn - God the Alchemist #005985
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - On the day of parting #013403
- Khunrath, Heinrich - Amphitheatrum sapientiae aeterna 1602 #016035
- Leighton, Frederick Lord - A Girl feeding Peacocks #007059
- Ovid - The Amores Book II Elegy VI; The Death of Corinna’s Pet Parrot #021571
- Proust, Marcel - In Search of Lost time Volume 6 - A Vision of azure blue #019779
- Rumi - Rubaiyat - Be motivated by the falcon #013196
- Schwabe, Carlos - The Rendezvous and Les Trophees #008082
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 19 - The Lovers (The Dustman) #019405
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 1744 #017249
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 1806 #017251
- The Healing Wisdom of Birds – Lesley Morris - Feather fans #021566
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 01 #016004
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 09 #016012
- The legend of Kartikeya #007058
- Waterhouse, John William - Dolce far Niente #008094
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - I passed along the waters edge below the humid trees #007362
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - The island dreams under the dawn #011807