Symbols - What does heaven look like
A whirlwind is essentially a tunnel symbolically. Generally speaking however it is very specifically related to chakras.
Our spiritual body, along with numerous other energy bodies, has a large number of chakras, which are the receivers and also it appears the emitters of energy. The chakras seen in many hallucinations [hallucinations because the image is superimposed on the physical body] are whirlpool or whirlwind like spinning whirling energy.
When we go out of body it is usually through these chakras and as a consequence we appear to be going through a whirlpool or whirlwind or other similarly moving energy vortex. As you can see from the diagram above we can go ‘down’ figuratively speaking and ‘up’.
If you encounter a whirlwind you are generally taken out of your body and ‘up’ .
Interestingly there is a often a noise associated with out of body experiences that can be like the roar of a whirlwind.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Blithe spirit - I almost reached the Light #004369
- Braveheart - Meeting three spirit helpers #004336
- Brunton, Dr Paul - A Search in Secret Egypt - A night inside the Great Pyramid 3 #010057
- Brunton, Dr Paul - A Search in Secret Egypt - A night inside the Great Pyramid 4 #010058
- Cameron, Norman - Lying in fever, while tornado weather #001062
- Carlyle, Thomas - Sartor Resartus - For a Teufelsdrockh will not love a second time #000297
- Cirlot on spirals #002288
- Cirlot on the swastika #014340
- Clement of Alexandria - Protrepticus - Describes the Dionysian mysteries #013280
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - The Night Scene #011086
- Constance Newland - Myself and I #015516
- Dr Robert Crookall - More Astral projections – Mrs J. Watkin, a Baptist from Hove has an OBE #023608
- Enûma Eliš - Fourth Tablet #010645
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - The god of Thunder #011752
- Guthrie, Woody - Heaven #020809
- Hennell, Thomas - A landscape of grass meadows #001601
- Jacques Cambry - Voyage dans le Finistère - A Celtic legend #013910
- Koestler, Arthur - Janus - Wormholes #002682
- Koestler, Arthur - Return trip to Nirvana - Mushrooms #004938
- Led Zeppelin - Down By the Seaside #012071
- Lyall Watson - Diviners and initiation by water beings #011352
- Ogotommeli - Spirals #002287
- Ovid - Metamorphoses - Birth of Bacchus #002568
- Plato - Republic X - 02 Tale of Er #013765
- Plutarch – The Vision of Aridæus 05 #023782
- Prescott Hall and Minnie Keeler communicate with ‘soi-disant Oriental masters’ on the mechanisms of OBEs #023129
- Rig veda - Soma #008229
- Ta Ssu Ming - Open wide the door of heaven #013849
- The Xi shi (惜誓 "Sorrow for Troth Betrayed") #010769
- Xam bushmen - Creation myth #002671
- Yram - On portals #010290
- Yram - Whirlwinds #010291