Symbols - What does heaven look like
Pitcher or jug
The pitcher or jug combines a number of symbols. The first symbol is that of water as a generic symbol for Spirit Input. If we fill the pitcher with Water or Wine, Blood or Honey, Butter or liquid gold, Nectar or Ambrosia, we are symbolically doing the same thing every time – letting in Spirit Input.
Thus cool energy is being received by us. The next part of the symbolism involves the shape and for this we need to go back to the Hourglass.
Here we see the generic diagram showing the cool blue energy being received through the neck of the cone of energy.
Our cone is at the bottom.
Take away the resulting cone and what does it look like, an archetypal jug with its neck receiving water.
Now add some more symbolism. We are the cone of course, each one of us is that cone of energy and we have two arms – so here we have the two handles of the jug .
So all pitchers and jugs, especially those with handles are representing the inflow of Spirit Input via our Higher spirit and into us
Rabindranath Tagore – from Gitanjali
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Bonnard, Pierre - Nu-accroupi-au-Tub 1914 #007471
- Bouguereau - Whisperings of Love #007444
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The Second Day #010651
- Eliot, T S - Four Quartets - 03 Burnt Norton V #005897
- Eliot, T S - Hollow Men 01 #007412
- Empedocles - The Clepsydra #005934
- Gnostic Gospels - Philip - Glass goblets and pottery jugs #007029
- Hafez of Shiraz - Thirty Poems - Here is a flower that lifts up a cup #001736
- Homer - The Odyssey - The nymphs #013383
- Hopi and Zuni - Hummingbird legend #007076
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Tree of life #001814
- Jardin Majorelle #004447
- Kabir - Inside this clay jug there are canyons #003179
- Kabir - Thinkers, listen, tell me what you know #002455
- Khusrau, Amir - Ghazal 1400 #020893
- Krishnamurti - The Song of Life - Life is as the waters #000136
- Leighton, Frederick Lord #001709
- Levy-Dhurmer - La Sorcière, 1897 #007562
- Magritte, Rene - Le Plagiat #001577
- Manley Hopkins, Gerald - Diamond #013398
- Miro - The Ear of Corn #010636
- Ogotemmeli - The Smith and the Potter #004374
- Ogotommeli - Twins #011455
- Omar Khayyam - The Rubaiyat - On the Air of Heaven Ride #001475
- Omar Khayyam - The Rubaiyat - The Potter #001477
- Omar Khayyam - The Rubaiyat - The Potter #001478
- Peale, Raphaelle - Still life with strawberries #010523
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Portraits of Fanny Cornforth 1 #010566
- Rubens - The drunken Hercules #010583
- Samavedas – Book 02 Chapter 01, XVII Soma Pavamana #017288
- Samavedas – Book 02 Chapter 02, X Soma Pavamana #017290
- Samavedas – Book 03 Chapter 01, XVIII Soma Pavamana #017295
- Schopenhauer, Arthur - The World as Will and Idea - Taking pleasure in the beautiful #002757
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 19 - The Lovers (The Dustman) #019405
- Symeon the New Theologian - You, oh Christ, are the Kingdom of Heaven #016378
- Tzu, Lao - Thirty spokes converge upon a single hub #002457
- Wilcox, Ella Wheeler - As you go through life #016403
- Yassawi - 26 HIKMET 130 #022669
- Zohar - II 042b – Ocean and sea and the Abyss #014885