Symbols - What does heaven look like
A moth is a fully enlightened person, one who is free of the Earth and is able to symbolically ‘fly’ in the Air [or higher]. It shares some symbolism with birds. In contrast with a butterfly, the Moth is 'of the night' it is a black shaman.
One of the more intriguing aspects about a moth, both actually and symbolically, is that despite it being 'black', it is attracted by the Light.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Attar, Fariduddin - The Dullard Sage #015219
- Attar, Fariduddin - The Moths and the Flame #015217
- Baudelaire, Charles - Hymne à la Beauté #000287
- Carlyle, Thomas - Sartor Resartus - The Phoenix #014222
- Castaneda, Carlos - Wheel of Time - Describes rebirth #003856
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - Buttons and Rosettes #010299
- Ernst, Max - Und die Schmetterlinge beginnen zu singen #000734
- Mare, Walter de la - The Moth #021597
- Nizami - Laili and Majnun - 01 #018793
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Describing the night and cognising the heart 02 #018847
- Saadi - The Gulistan of Sa‘di – 01 From the Introduction #015271
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 3908 #017250
- Yassawi - 02 HIKMET 1 #022644
- Yassawi - 06 from HIKMET 10 #022648
- Yu Xuanji - Farewell #015051